Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My Confession to California

Dear California,

It's been a good 23 years as a legal resident of your state. We've really had good times, and I will always consider myself a Californian at heart. Who knows, I may even come back to enjoy your bountiful treasures. But things have changed because I have someone else.

Her name is Florida, and I'm going there, well, because of money. It's nothing personal. She just offered me more money for school than you did. I don't think I'll ever feel about Florida like I do about you. But my opportunities and my life are headed in her direction. It's not you, it's me.

But I'll always remember the good times we had. Like those wonderful years in high school where I was really, really awkward. Or the sunny days that, well, I've never had any where else. Or the lack of swarms of mosquitoes and large bugs. I don't know if Florida could ever really offer that.

But please remember all the good times we've had.

Sincerely,

Chad Can Plan

2 comments:

kat said...

i remember when i tried to let montana down easy.
but he didn't take it very well and stood underneath my bedroom window holding a boom box above his head and i had to get a restraining order...

matt said...

this sounds very similar to a conversation i had with my mother once...