Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Go, NOAA!

Tomorrow marks the beginning of the hard-core hurricane season here in Florida (the normal-core season began in May). I don't know about you, but I am pumped. And to celebrate this fortuitous event, my first hurricane season in Florida, I will keep track of the storms that head toward Florida. Each day that a storm is on its way toward Florida, I will record its storm category as points and add up the total at the end of the season. Ten extra points if the hurricane makes landfall in the state. So, for example, if Hurricane Eugenia is a category 3 for 5 days and a category 1 for 4, the total is 3*5+1*4+(E=MC2). 19 points. At the end of the season I will compare scores and take the winning hurricane out to dinner.

Oh, this reminds me of church on Sunday. We had the combined Sunday meeting with all together. The topic was food storage/ plinko. That's right-they did the Price is Right to food storage. They gave people food and stuff if they got things right. I did discover, from everyone's wild and crazy behavior (I'm understating it) that the drug trade does move through Florida, too (and maybe starts here from Columbia). I participated in the revelry, too, but I get the wiggles real easy and have to sit on my hands at church to keep myself reverent. I think in the future I should volunteer to be the reverent child. It'll be fun because I can give everyone self-righteous stares and make them feel ashamed. I love my job.

2 comments:

Nama said...

hurricane chad always wins in my book.

matt said...

can i compete?

"i'm stormin to the party like my name is el nino"