Friday, November 13, 2009

Good Bye, Mullet...

Some love affairs never last. Such was mine with the mullet. I really don't know why. It was the perfect hair cut. It was easy to take care of but still had a lot of personality. My favorite part: shaking my head very quickly so the mullet would caress my neck. It was like a friend that was always there.
And I got several comments at work about it, and surprisingly most were positive. A very matronly woman at work complemented it, saying it was like her anime-loving son's haircut. Another coworker said it fit my personality.
But alas, there were problems with the hair cut. First, I felt embarrassed to go outside. I don't know why. I mean, I was rockin' a mullet. What could have gone wrong? Plus, I even made a mullet-laden pilgrimage to Wal-Mart and bought cleaning supplies for my house. But I let the world get to me. I let what "The Man" thinks get to me. So Last Saturday, after only six days of a mullet, I had a roommate give me a hair cut. He did a good job. I am attaching pictures of the new "professional" (give me a break) haircut to this post. I hope you enjoy.
RIP Chad's Mullet: November 1, 2009 - November 7, 2009. We're richer for having known and lost you.
Note: I actually like my new haircut a lot and want to get it cut like this in the future. I will give you more pictures later...

6 comments:

Tyler Pulsipher said...

Chad, I want you to remember the mantra you told me a few years ago; "If it feels right, do it." If it felt right to cut off lil' mulley, then it was time-you did the right thing.
I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Marci said...

i love the fact that someone said it matches your personality. Sorry that the man got to you.

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

Chad, in a few years you will look back and not even be able to comprehend your train of thought that led to the mullet. Then you can just revel in the fact that not everyone gets to do that in their life, they play it safe, and sorry. This has the hallmark of a great mullet, you can see it curling under your ears from the front.

Ruth said...

Ahhh, Chad -- the regular hair is so boring. What can you do next? How about trying some dreds?

hollythegr8 said...

Poor mullet, like so many of the greats, it died before it's time. I wish I could have known you...

Jelarin said...

You should have let it grow out, and never cut it. However, I do think that bangs are nice. Long hair of any kind generally looks good on people. However, there are lots of other people out there who would disagree with me. I figure if you have short hair, it should be to look professional, for the benefit of a girlfriend (who likes short hair), or because you can't be bothered to take care of it. If you have none of those reasons, then you might as well let it grow out a bit.