Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Mullet Chronicles, Part I

This morning I awoke and decided that the beard and I had to part ways. In its place I decided to add another friend: Mr. Mullet. Yup, one checked out but another checked in.
Please observe the following picture:
There are two things I like about this picture. First, you can see both the business in the front AND the party in the back. This was truly a work of beauty and a labor of love.
There are several things I like about my mullet. First, I don't have to do anything to it. I just wash it and then I'm done. I let the party take care of itself. Second, I have something in the back to play with. Third, and most of all, I like to let it swish around the back of my neck. It's like all the benefits of long hair without the hassle.
People at church laughed as they were right to do so. But I think they also appreciated my honesty to myself and the fact that I really am dedicated to it. I'm proud of who I am.

5 comments:

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

Welcome to the club of people that had mullets not because they thought they looked cool (even though I did), but because we were too cool to care what normal people thought about us. That is what sets mullet people apart, the attitude (mullitude?). Mission accomplished my friend.

Marci said...

we are so proud to have you as our brother... you are stunning!!

Tyler Pulsipher said...

Wow! Looks good on you though.

hollythegr8 said...

EPIC!

kat said...

The great tragedy of the mullet is that it's power can be both intoxicating and overwhelming. In a lot of cases people don't wear a mullet... the mullet wears them.
But I'm happy to say that YOU are wearing that mullet. You're wearing the crap out of it.