Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How Do You Do It?

Because I'm just awesome like that!
So, I thought I would set about decorating my work to my liking. In any case, I thought I would show you what I got. It's not much, but I think it's worth a gander.

I thought I'd start with the maps and work my way clockwise. The maps are to help me find out where I am in the United States. Sometimes I form the map of the United States in my head and think: "Wow! Nevada really is all that way to the west!"
Then I have three quotes/phrases. I wished they were inspirational, but they're really just the instructions from the bookshelf that I am trying to put up. I can't seem to get past "Hammer nail into wood."
Next I have some pictures of Germany, one from a pen pal in the East (the Goth child Germany) and some postcards from my totally awesome trip to Munich in the West (The preppie Germany). I also have a picture of His Eminence Pope Benedict XVI. Now you may be asking why I have a picture of the Pope on my wall. That's easy. I bought one postcard for someone who I'm sure has a thing for elderly Bavarian men. And then I bought another. Come on, you can never have too many pontifical postcards (say that three times fast).
I also have two postcards from Finland because it's cool. Actually cold. Very cold.
In the center I have a card from my other pen pal in East Germany. It has a cute dog on it. Let's talk a closer look, though. It has pretty good quality, especially for a picture taken from a camera (thank you Mom, Dad, and Holly).
And most of all, I think people enjoy the greatest decoration of all:
I'm just that adorable.

1 comment:

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

You had me at "Because I;m just awesome like that". Seriously.