Saturday, March 1, 2008

Duck, Dip, Dive, and Dodge

These are the four D's of dodgeball.
So I played dodgeball in my church dodgeball tournament yesterday. And I must say that I did fairly well for myself. I was actually the last one to get out at the game. That is to say, we sucked and lost every game we played. But the fact that I was the last one to get out probably tells more about the other team than myself.
Why?
I played without my glasses on. And I can't see the giant E at the top of the eye chart at the doctor's office with my glasses off.
I mean, it's not as if I was a moving target. I basically stayed there will blury balls of blue and orange swooshed past me. I just had to move slightly to avoid them. And I got two of the blurs out (I couldn't even recognize if they were boys or girls).
If you're played on by Chad in a sport, you know it's sad.
Below: Dodgeball getting fierce in the UK dodgeball association.

1 comment:

kat said...

i like to picture early man playing dodgeball.
you know, with boulders.
what our ancestors called "a stoning", we call "a children's game".