Saturday, February 9, 2008

Clay Pot: $1.50, Soil: $1.22, Catnip (2 Packs): $1.94

Unholy army of cat minions: Priceless.

So, as I have explained in this blog post before, there is a slight problem with wild cats in my neighborhood. It has subsided recently, probably because they have gone to live with a nice family on a farm (like my childhood dog), but I can spot a wild cat or two romping through my yard every day or two. Plentiful for my purposes.

But I had never gotten the hang of how I can turn these independent spirits into loyal servants.

Until now.

I have been considering planting a small garden in pots in my back porch. I was thinking about maybe a vegetable, or some California poppies, or Texas Bluebonnets, or even a sunflower. And then I spotted catnip at Wal-Mart for only $0.97 a packet. And my problems were solved.

How do I get a cat, the most disobedient pet to do my bidding? Lemony, minty catnip- they'll be hooked in no time.

And at only $4.71 total at Wal-Mart, it's practically a steal.

5 comments:

Marci said...

kyle will be so proud.

Anonymous said...

if you can't beat em, turn em into minions, that's what I always say.

Nama said...

catnip will always win them over. i've tried it with kat with varying degrees of success, but one day...one day, she will do all of my bidding.

hollythegr8 said...

Were you there when we gave Squishy catnip? It made him crazy!!! Our sweet kitty became psycho.

kat said...

after all, that's why we give children ritalin.