Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ahoy!

So I volunteered to play a role at a Pirate Dinner-Mystery pirate. So, to be true to myself, I went big instead of going home. I bought my costume (which will be part of my Halloween costume now, thanks to the price) and was ready.
Big Hair, bandana, sword, eye patch, cape, and hook. I was ready and accessorized.
The party was awkward at time. The patch and the wig hurt my head, and my vision was unusual. Eating became a chore with the eye patch on. I also felt awkward with the glue in the hook that kept peeling off and making my hand sticky and smelly. I did use my newly acquired bargaining and negotiation skills to gain information from people and having one of the serving wenches (that was their title in the story) get me a drink and rolls with butter. Overall, it was a good time.
But what's next? I have a big wig. Why stop there?
For some pirate vocab, see below. It may be fun to drop it in class, work, or at home. Maybe they'll come back in style.
http://www.nightofmystery.com/Mateys-Dictionary.pdf

2 comments:

hollythegr8 said...

I couldn't be more proud of your costume if you were my real brother.

SkyBluePink said...

I think you should quit school and become a rock star.