Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm glad I didn't get shivved

It IS great to be a Florida Gator.
So, after we won the national championship for football, a group of us hopped in the back of a pick-up truck and drove to University Avenue. We wanted to take part in the festivities.
But the masses were great, drunk, and wild (See pictures below from the Orlando Sentinel). So we formed a train by holding hands and shoulders so we wouldn't get (a) trampled or (b) lost along the way.
I feared for my life.
No personal bubble, people within an inch of very sensitive areas. One sharp object or a well-placed shiv would have made my life very, well, dead.
So here's to you, Florida Gators. Not only did you not bring shivs with you and avoided shooting off fireworks at low angles, you also waited a whole forty-five minutes until you unleashed surly drunk.
Thank you, UF. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

goood times.